Sunday, March 8, 2009

14 months old!

Eric is 14 months old today...and grouchy as ever!

He sprouted a new tooth, his first one since November. That was about as fun as having your appendix removed by a grizzly bear. It was a rough 2 weeks, and we are turning around and doing it all over again! We believe that tooth number 8 will be rearing it's ugly head any day- hopefully sooner than later!

Eric started doing something really funny- he is scared to cross the threshold (future girlfriends- you have been forewarned) between the wood floors and the carpet (maybe he got stabbed with an exposed carpet tack- but who knows). He will run to the edge of the carpet, stop, and step over the threshold, then take off running again.

Even better- he has started screaming. When he is out in public and I put him down, he screams bloody murder. It's a lot of fun at 28 pounds, making it very easy to carry him all over the place. On occasion, we will let him scream, but it's not always appropriate.

Eric can say momma, dada, hi and bye, but I don't consider any of those his first words. He basically repeats what we say. When he can apply meaning to a word (i.e. looking at the cat and saying cat) I will consider that his first word. In the meantime, he has full conversations with us. We have absolutely NO idea what he is saying, so I just make up words that sound like what he is saying. It's kind of fun!

My absolute favorite (and I can't get a picture of it) is when he is looking for his belly button. I tickle his belly button and he pulls up his shirt to look for it! It's so cute! He pulls my shirt up too- NOT cute at 7 months pregnant!

Here are some pictures from the past 2 months!

14 months old! 28 lbs and 33 inches


I had fun while he was in the tub!


Meeting a friend for lunch


Finally! Enough hair for a mowhawk!


Helping me empty the dishwasher- child labor laws don't apply to your own child do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment