
Little Allison has celebrated her half birthday and is getting so BIG!!! At her doctor's appointment she measured in at 27.5 inches (97%) and 19.1 lbs (95%). Her head, again, falls into a very high percentile as well (95%). I don't know why the doctor chuckles every time he tells me that. She's proportionate he says.
She is almost crawling, it's kind of like one leg is paralyzed and she is dragging herself across the floor with the other. If I put her down and leave the room for a second, it sometimes takes a second to find her. I don't know how she does it, but she rolls and spins and pseudo-crawls all over the living room. She often gets stuck in toys and furniture too, which frustrates her to no end. I can't tell you how many times I have had to untangle her from one of Eric's toys or the chair legs.
We had an episode a few weeks back where she kept me up most of the night. We had a little talk and I told her that if she let me sleep through the night that she would be allowed to live. Amazingly, she started sleeping through the night as of that night! We still have to pinky swear on occasion, but she sleeps 11-12 hours no problem! The other night she did wake up at 1:30 and was ready to party. I don't think I have ever seen her so awake, but she fell back to sleep after about half an hour.
Allison is now taking a bottle. She was a non-believer, but she only missed one or two meals before she realized that bottles are a good thing. I thought weaning her would be difficult, but she has done great, and I feel relieved and like I have a little more freedom. She is also a chatterbox and extremely noisy! She loves to scream and yell and laugh. We call her Slingblade (after the movie) because of some of the noises that come out of her! She sounds possessed at times, but it's hilarious!
She is getting more and more fun every day! It has been a great 6 months and we are looking forward to the next six!

Goodness! That is such a funny picture. She is so beautiful.
ReplyDelete