Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Kitchen is Done!!!

We finally decided to bite the very large bullet and remodel the kitchen.  After 5 years of saving and 2 months of gradual construction/destruction, the kitchen is DONE!!!  It was pretty uneventful, minus one orange, 4-legged critter eating a critical piece to a very expensive new faucet resulting in purchasing another new faucet because we couldn't find a replacement piece to the first one (9 plumbing stores can confirm that).  It all took place slowly over the two months.  Sometimes they worked hard for a few weeks, other weeks there was nothing.  The floors were put in yesterday and all that is left is to get the little toe kick that covers where the floor meets the cabinets and I have to buy some bar stools for the island.  I love our beautiful new kitchen and am enjoying the fruits of someone else's labor!
The old galley-style kitchen with the 80's white tile and brown grout

Said orange creature back when he was a little tike


The den

Brown grout be gone!  We (and by we, I mean Larry the contractor) removed the slider and put in a door to make more room.  I have TWO pantries (neither of which I can fill), and we moved the oven over about a foot to the left to make the cabinets next to it useable.

Pantry number 1 and a new fridge (we haven't taken the plastic off yet)
 

Pantry number 2



My beautiful island (and Scooter's tail- he's always nearby)

A permanent tv cabinet now.  The chairs will be back from their vacation in our bedroom soon.

We also extended the flooring down the hall to our bedroom.  Here is before.

After

No comments:

Post a Comment