Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

4th of July was...interesting.  Jeff worked, so I got the kids all dressed in their red white and blue apparel.  I neglected to get a picture of Allison in her outfit, but it looks just like this, 5 months later. 

Allison 4th of July morning, feeding the cat
I wore this dress 5 months in the future! It's much shorter on me now.
Attitudey Rudy!

The highlight of the day was when Eric waved the a little flag and shouted "I wave my fag!" 

(It was even better the next day- my friend lives next to a tea party person- you know the crazy political type- and his house was covered in at least 20 flags on his stairs, and then a flag with an 11 on it instead of stars, presumably for the 11 states that don't believe in abortion.  We were standing outside, the owner was out there, and Eric says on top of his lungs "there's lots of fags" and points at the house.  Hysterical!)

I took the kids to a friend's house for a pool party.  A one year old and a pool don't mix, so we spent a better portion of the time in the house, away from the pool and hot BBQ.  Eric played naked in the jacuzzi with his friend Alexis (much to her daddy's dismay).  My arm was tired from carrying Allison, so we headed home, and Grandma and Pa-ta joined us for hot dogs (well, they brought them, but they came over since they are remodeling their kitchen).

I told Eric he would get to stay up to watch fireworks, you can see how well that went on a day without a nap, but I woke him up and he got to see them.  He liked them, but was very happy to be tucked into his crib that night.  The next morning, he saw all the fireworks on the news and happily called out "fireworks" over and over.  It was a fun day, but it was nice when it was over.  My arms were quite sore the following morning!

He hasn't fallen asleep outside of his crib or the car in 2 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment