Saturday, July 17, 2010

Firefighter Olympics

We packed up the troops and headed north to Sunnyvale (in the heart of Silicon Valley) for the Firefighter Olympics.  Jeff plays on the department softball team and we thought it would be nice (for my sanity) to take everyone up for a little vacation.

The trip up wasn't so bad, except for the lovely melodic sounds of Eric in the back whining "I wanna snack!" every twenty seconds.  We lucked out and were given a two room suite instead of the one room that we paid for (score!) so Eric had his own room and Allison slept in the closet in our room (it was large and there was no door).  We also had a full kitchen and a living room so it was a pretty spacious room!

The tournament was pretty dirty.  Lots of dirt, dirt and more dirt and Eric loved playing in it every second. The two kids turned the bathwater brown each day we were there. (P.S. sunscreen and dirt make an impenetrable sunscreen- no UVA/UVB can get through!).  And through a steady diet of grapes and Cheerios, Ally was very pleasant, although she slept horribly all three nights (and so did we).

After the games and naps, we headed to the pool most days and then onto the free dinner that that hotel offered.  The kids had a good time and it was a nice little vacation.

Jeff's team was knocked out of the Loser's bracket on Thursday and we packed up and headed home.  We stopped in Pismo Beach so Eric could have the snack that he had been whining about for 150 miles (he was fed, but he asks for a snack the second he finishes his breakfast).  When I win the lotto, I am moving to the beach.  It was gorgeous and I enjoyed sitting in the beach air while Eric ate his PBJ and played on the playground.

We made it home and are slowly returning to normal around here.  Now when is my vacation???!?


Eric slept in a big boy bed for the first time ever.  The crib the hotel brought us might have fit a ferret, or perhaps a hamster, but there was no way Eric was going to fit in it.  I plunked him into the bed, layed with him for a few minutes each nap and bed (and only fell asleep once!) and he loved it and was quite proud of himself!
The white thing on the right is the crib...his arms and legs would have been hanging out the bars!

Sitting with Daddy watching his team get slaughtered by LA City's Gangrene (basically they just stand at the plate and hit home runs until the Mercy Rule goes into effect)

I would like some grapes please!

Giving us the bulldog face!

Daddy is not actually hanging his head in shame, he's actually fixing the brim of his hat.

It's a little bright, I need my shades!


and my hat!  I'm one cool (dirty) dude!

What an interesting place to play!

Getting ready to cause trouble, aren't they angelic?

Day three- I managed to get a picture of Jeff swinging...he had several good hits, but this one was a line drive to the center fielder who easily caught it.

Proof we were all there.


No comments:

Post a Comment