Saturday, October 25, 2008

New York and New Jersey

Eric and I took a cross country flight on Saturday to go visit the relatives on the East Coast. He flew wonderfully! He fell asleep before take-off (thank you Baby Benadryl- no judging!) and fell asleep a second time as well. We had an empty seat next to us on the way over and a very understanding seat-mate. I was surprised that he didn't cry once and pleasantly surprised that he was enjoyable for the entire flight... the return flight is a different story. Only one person on the flight was creepy. A strange man decided that he wanted to kiss Eric- fortunately he had a pacifier in!

We arrived at Great Aunt Diane's house. She has enough toys to make a daycare blush so there was plenty to play with, although Eric preferred the metal tin of coasters! Eric's cousin Ryan is almost 4 and was very excited to meet "Baby Ewic." Eric loved Ryan and they played and played for hours. On Monday, Ryan wouldn't get out of the car to go into his house because he wanted to come over and play with Eric. My cousin Sharon, Ryan's mom, had to bring him over just to get him out of the car! Ryan helped Eric get ready for a bath, poured water on him in the tub, and attempted to put his socks and pj's on too! He will be a great big brother one day!

On Tuesday we went to New Jersey to see my mom's side of the family. My sister was already there, and they knew my dad was coming to visit, but we kept our visit a secret. We arrived at Great Grandma Dorothy and Great Grandpa Walter's house and they were surprised! Grandma screamed so loud she made Eric cry! We spent the day in Jersey and were visited by some of my cousins, aunts and uncles. It was great that Eric got to meet his Great Grandparents!

We were in New York for a few more days and Eric had a great time. Gigi (Great Grandma Joan) had a great time with Eric too- although he was a little too wiggly for her! We went to the duck pond and my dad fed the ducks and geese while I kept my head covered and fingers away from evil Candian Geese! Eric was really curious about these honking ducks, and a little scared of the screaming sea gulls.

We left on Thursday. My Aunt and Grandma are great cooks- so I was spoiled rotten the entire time I was there. And nothing says New York like a New York bagel! I definetely miss those! The plane ride home was okay. Eric slept again during take off, but only for about 2 hours. He was very wiggly and wanted down. Unfortunately, we did not have an empty seat next to us and Eric had to sit on my lap for the remainder of the flight, and by sit on my lap, I mean that I had to walk up and down the aisles holding him and keeping him from crying. He fell asleep just before landing in HOT California.

Upon arriving home, I was feeling a little crappy. I thought it was from the long flight and being tired. Well- I think I have the flu and I feel like crap! What a welcome home present! Hopefully Eric won't catch it. I even got a flu shot 2 weeks ago! It's 90 degrees here and I am huddled under a blanket! Fortunately, Jeff's parents were more than willing to play with Eric while I lay on the couch!

Cousin Ryan teaching Baby "Ewic" how to use the toys


Eric body slamming Ryan


Getting a bottle from Gigi (Great Grandma Joan)


At the duck pond with Mom and Grandpa


A rare photo op!


Playing peek-a-boo with Great Grandma Dorothy




Getting a ride from Aunt Kelly

Uncle Walter and Cousin Matthew

A little bathtime help from Ryan


Best Buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment