Sunday, January 10, 2010

Birthday Gatherings and Denial



So I think I am still a little bit in shock that I have a 2 year old now.  I remember when he was itty-bitty (which wasn't for long) and thought he would never grow up.  Now I look at Eric and I see a boy, not a little baby.

Jeff had to work on Eric's actual birthday, so we celebrated as a family the day before.  Allison got Eric some more cars (a dozen of them actually) which he absolutely loves!  We got him a bike and a bike helmet which makes him look pretty goofy.  He has no idea how to ride, but he is a quick study so I would imagine it won't take too long.  He also got a little bulldozer.  This was not a planned present, but while at Target today, we turned down an aisle and on the end cap was a HUGE display of bull dozers and dump trucks (some of his faves).  People around us chuckled as he exclaimed with a very high pitch "DUMP TRUCK!  BULLDOZER"  and then "give it please...give it please."    I couldn't resist, that plus some goldfish made it possible to navigate through Target with him and Ally in tow.  (side note: I call Ally my suicide bomber because she is always pushing her way out of the cart, and yesterday I caught her mid-air as she was falling off the changing table.  I was standing right there putting her diaper in the diaper pail and off she goes...aye aye aye)

Eric has had lots of sweet treats.  I made him cupcake brownies and frosted and sprinkled them, and today Aunt Cyndi brought him these really good cupcakes from a bakery in Santa Barbara.  He has been jumping around like crazy for two days now!


I think he had a good birthday.  He can say Happy Birthday Eric and I'm two, both with significant prompting, but he can do it!  Amazing...two years...two kids- and no gray hair (yet- on me anyway- Jeff already has some.  Ha Ha!!!)
opening cars from Ally


New bike and helmet


Look at me go (or rather- look at me go while I am pushed!)
The helmet's a little big, but he has a big head- the smaller ones didn't fit!


Cupcake brownies right before blowing out the candles (or watching me blow out the candle)


Yummy!


Sugar: Day 2- cupcake from Aunt Cyndi- lots of sprinkles!

1 comment: