Jeff and I took Eric on his first trip Disneyland as a present for his second birthday. He LOVED it! Although in the pictures he isn't doing much smiling(he likes to take it all in- he watches and absorbs it all), he had a blast . We went on most of the rides in Fantasyland. He loved the "flying elephants" (AKA Dumbo) and the rocket ships in Tomorrowland. He even went on some rides that we probably shouldn't have taken him on (he's tall enough so we figured- why not?). He rode the roller coaster in Toon Town. He didn't cry, but he turned bright red and when I asked if he wanted to go on again- he said NO! He also went on Pirates or the Carribean and the drops scared him. That was the only time he cried! He was so well behaved and had such a good time. We were lucky to have great weather- probably 78 degrees all day! We wore shorts and t-shirts for most of the day and only need a light jacket after the sun went down.
On Eric's chicken nugget bag from Costco, there is a picture of Mickey and Jeff calls nuggets Chicken Parts- so all we heard ALL day was "kikn parts." It was pretty funny. I know it all sank in and he will remember because there was just a commercial for Disney on TV and Eric said "flying elephants!" Definetely money well spent!
We were all exhausted after our trip...Eric fell asleep in the car as soon as we got on the freeway, and Jeff and I were in bed, out cold, by 9. I can't wait til Ally is big enough to take there!
Getting ready to go (and a pic for the camera in case he got lost!)
At the Disney Fire Dept
His first ride ever- Dumbo (AKA flying elephants)
Way up high on Dumbo
On the teacups
Small World
Toon Town Fire Truck (Eric look at the camera!)
I said look at the camera!
Not so sure of Goofy...he liked him from afar
Playing in Goofy's playhouse
Already rolling his eyes at me...rolling his eyes on the rocket ship ride
Blast off!
Soaring through the tree tops
Back in the parking lot, ready for a diaper change, some jammies and some serious sleep!
















No comments:
Post a Comment