Allison is 1 year old today! Time has flown by and the past three months are really all I remember. I think I have selective memory when it comes to her first 8 months of life! She was difficult- she wouldn't take a bottle, she wouldn't sleep, or she would sleep for three days and then not again for 2 weeks. Then there was the crying- if I wasn't near her, she was screaming bloody murder. She made my life very difficult for a long time. The past few months have been amazing! Her personality is really starting to show. She's goofy! She is so silly all the time. When she wants a kiss, she headbutts you. When she wants a hug, she throws herself on top of you (whether you are ready or not). She's a crafty little devil too. She has been able to determine how to get pretty much anything she wants off of anything. She will pull on things, or climb on things...crafty! (scary). The other day I found her sitting on the end table with a look on her face that said 'hey- look what I can do!' She was so proud of herself, and I was hoping to get to her in time so she wouldn't fall. This little stinker instigates things with her brother too. Although Eric is usually to blame, when he is upset, I have noticed that she will go near him and put her feet on him or take what he was playing with. The next few years should be interesting!
My favorite thing that Ally does is sing. She mimics the songs I sing, but her absolute favorite is the cuckoo clock song. She sings "tic toc ally cuckoo clock." Now most people can't understand what she is saying, but she does sing it. Today after I sang happy birthday to her, she sang "happy birthday to you." I think I will finally have a partner in car singing!!!
To celebrate her birthday, Ally, Eric and I went to the zoo. We had a blast. We go frequently and this is probably the first time Ally has really noticed the animals. She got so excited when the Snow Leopard went leaping across his cage (he was stalking a bird) and she really liked the colorful macaws. After the zoo, we came home for naps and then off to the station to see Daddy. I brought cupcakes to the crew so Ally could celebrate her birthday with her Daddy.
After the station, we came home for dinner and her birthday cupcake which she LOVED! Good thing her bath was next because she was covered in pink icing! Can't wait for her party on Sunday!
Look at me and my rabbit! (and my outfit)
Yes, I am wearing a tutu and striped/polka-dotted tights- Hey it's my birthday!
Watching the Snow Leopard at the zoo
This is my 'cheese' face
Almost the whole fam bam
Eric's birthday present to Ally (that and the book Zoo Poo)
Visiting Daddy at the station (do you think they look alike?)
Having a tiny tantrum
Foraging the floor for Eric's crumbs
Back at home- her birthday cupcake
Eric helped blow out the candle (and by helped, I mean Eric blew out the candle)
Hmmm...I think I like this
Eric: Mommy, I want a cupcake.
Me: No- you didn't finish your dinner
Eric: Waaaaaa
Yummy frosting!
It's kind of messy!
The end result
Totally spontaneous sibling love in the tub
and a birthday kiss!




















No comments:
Post a Comment