Eric seems to have inherited my
smart ass sarcasm gene. The other day I asked him if he knew where his toy was. He says to me "I've seen it, but I don't know where it is." I didn't know they started this young. He was a pretty good two year old, but the three's are rearing their ugly head. He generally is pretty good and I can talk to him and he appears to understand, but the attitude is something I could do without. He also is really into dinosaurs and likes to ROAR. And I don't mean just a little roar, I mean on the TOP OF HIS LUNGS roaring. We had to make a rule that he could only roar outside. Nothing says good morning like a dinosaur roar at 6:30 in the morning. He also likes to roar at people when we are out in public, which is nothing short of embarrassing. People will say hi, and he kind of grunts at them. We are working on that skill as well.
In the meantime, Allison is trying to kill me. She is now part monkey, part octopus. She is into everything and destroying things right and left. If I turn my back for more than two seconds, she has used one of her eight arms to get into something, dump it on the floor and is moving onto the next thing. For instance- I went to the bathroom (#1 for a time reference), I come out of my bathroom- she has emptied her pajama drawer, all of her socks and dumped out an entire plastic bag of hair bands (all of which are the size of the tip of my pinky finger). If she isn't into that stuff, she is in the bathroom with her toothbrush and Eric's toothbrush in her mouth (you might call it good dental hygiene, I might call it annoying). OR she is using her blankie to clean the shower doors- with toilet water. She eats markers for lunch, and I am tempted to chop off her arms because I think it would be good for our relationship. She does what she wants, when she wants and NOBODY can stop her. I also think she might be selectively deaf. She doesn't listen to anything or anyone and the only reasonable explanation would have to be that she is deaf.
 |
| Why sleep in the nice comfy bed when you can sleep on the floor. |
 |
| The girl loves her tutus! |
 |
| This is Eric roaring (just imagine it really, really loud) |
 |
| She climbed into her kitchen sink all on her own |
 |
| This picture sums her up perfectly! |
No comments:
Post a Comment